Thursday, September 24, 2009

Long Rambling Post, but my LOW is near the top...

I'm awful at survivor pick em too. I liked both the Cards and the Steelers to win week one and week two neither did. I am no longer picking one of my survivor picks for LOW. Below is some survivor analysis. For mediocre comedy read my reply to Rory's lame post in the comments section below that.

Also, I gave some heat to Ro-ro and puss in my previous post which I think most people missed.

First off: MY LOW: Pittsburgh -4. Taking them on the road again. This time at Cincy. BTW, why is Green Bay a 7 point favorite at St. Louis? And why do I know nothing about the NiFfLe and gambling?

Okay Survivor pool thoughts to come, feel free to put the phasers on blast and trash my thoughts. Puss you may have to adjust yours from the George Takei setting of Fabulous:

Last Week:
The Bears can thank the place kicker for Pittsburgh. But placekickers tend to miss more on the road, so good reason to not take a three point favorite on the road when you know the game is going to be a battle and decided by a play here or there. BTW, I like Pittsburgh on the road again at -4.5 at Cincy. LOL. They say, the insane keep doing the same thing and hope the result is different.

I hope we never have to pick the Redskins again. I still don't know how they won that game. And lo and behold they play Detroit this week (I'll get to that).

TN... that team is suspect. 10 years ago I was leery of Kerry "Tom" Collins, after 1 good year I shouldn't still be? What's that two for 13 in his career (rookie season and last year and maybe a hot streak with the G-men late one year?). And Houston, I think is pretty decent this year. Just got a vibe about them... don't know why. However, post game comments were all about the one game and a chip on their shoulder and not a chip on their shoulder for the season so maybe not.

This Week:
Baltimore-Cleveland: I won't forget this is a bit of a rivalry game. However biggest line on the board at home... automatic pick right? Also it ain't the pack-bears or skins-boys so we'll ignore one of our previous rules. Flacco, may have a bit of Rothlisberger in him, so I'm fine with taking the Ravens for the time being despite going against my not liking to take defensive teams.

KC is hanging tough but I like Philly at home. Vick is going to play some. Will that be good or bad for Kolb? I don't know, it's a bit of wild card. Back ups tend to play better when there are no expectations and nobody to look over their shoulder. That's if they aren't named Tom Brady or Steve Young. Will have to ruminate on this.

San Fran v. Minny. San Fran I think is a bit like Houston. Surpisingly decent and competitive. Minnesota at home, you gotta figure they got enough, despite the mike singletary "culture" on the 49ers. However, it's not hard to see Minnesota taking the Niners a little lightly and this being a statement game for the Niners. Tough to chose between philly and minny at this point.

Redskins-Detroit. Arguably we dodged our bullet by picking the redskins who can lose any, ANY game. But last season if we picked against detroit every week we'd be okay. Streak has to end at some point, and speaking of streak busters the Redskins are the fat ugly girl in the bar so maybe we should practice avoidance.

Dallas-Carolina. -10 at home. I look for the Boys to bounce back, Barber is 50/50 (that's bad). I hate that the panthers have to win this game, too. Course so does Dallas, so maybe they are even in that regard. 10 points is a lot, oddsmakers must know that Carolina is worse than we think. Plus, the G-Men barely won at Dallas (thanks to improbable bobbles), and the G-Men might be the best team in the NFC. Panthers aren't the G-Men right now. This is my number two pick, Dallas takes care of business.

Out of the other three (Bal, Dal, being 1-2 for me)... Tough, is Philly any good, or are the Saints that friggin' good? You know what, f it. The G-men are the best team in the NFC East. Number three I'm going with a road team, coming off a prime-time game against a team in desperate need of a win. (I violate three of our rules or what?) G-Men are number three for me.

1 comment: